Saturday, July 27, 2013

Free Writing: Sleepless Style

The thing I want the most
I cannot have
How I miss your warm embrace
And your comforting ways.

My dearest friend..
My nightly lover.
Protecting me from the darkness.
Sleep - how I miss you.
Today of all days.

We'll just call this my horrible attempt at poetry.  Today was my early day at work, which meant waking up at 7:30am.  Unfortunately, I woke up at 3:30 and the food from yesterday was demanding to come back up.  Needless to say, I didn't get back to sleep, and the above poem was my sleepy version of writing at 9am while at work.

While I wrote about excuses and calling myself out for not writing in a previous post, I do believe we are occasionally allowed sick days.  If anyone wants to call me out for it, I will happily take it under consideration.  For now, I will fight through the last 40 minutes of work and then go home and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment